The orientation day of 15-Batch is scheduled on 05.01.2015 (Monday) at the Auditorim/ Department, MUET, S.Z.A.B Campus, Khairpur Mirs.
The schedule of program is given below:
10.00 – 11: 00 Brief Presentation at Auditorium
11.00 – 12: 00 Visit of department
12.00 – 01: 00 Visit of all Labs
01.00 – 01: 15Refreshment
News & Events
- Linkage with National/International Organizations
SPE Student Chapter Mehran University College of Engg & Tech:, Khairpur Mir's is the fifth student chapter in Pakistan, established on 25th March, 2012 and that is the best forum where we can initiate the SPE activities in this part of Sindh province. The chapter has help to promote and uphold the SPE educational activities and create healthy environment for the young engineers to harness their strength in collaboration with the industry.
On 9th January 2014, The Campus has signed an agreement with Petroleum Expert limited. In the agreement, Petroleum Expert limited has donated/sponsored the Integrated Production Modeling (IPM)software equivalent of € 1,105,43.00 to the campus.
The department also arranges internships during summer vacation to third and fiscal year student with the coordination of oil and gas E&P companies operating in Pakistan.
- Career opportunities
A petroleum engineer is involved in nearly all of the stages of oil and gas field evaluation, development and production. The aim of their work is to maximize hydrocarbon recovery at minimum cost while maintaining a strong emphasis on reducing environmental impact. The various opportunities are available in oil and gas sectors in the following exploration phases, development, production, reservoir and drilling.
- SPE MEhran University College Engg: & Tech: Student Chapter
On March, 2012, SPE Student Chapter- Mehran University College, Khairpur Mir's has established at Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering department by SPE International in order to learn and practice the technical activities & networking on national & international levels. The chapter is helpful to promote and uphold the SPE educational activities and create healthy environment for the young engineers to harness their strength in collaboration with the industry.
- aCtivities OF CHaPTER:
The chapter successfully arranged the following student activities and also participated in SPE international events as well:
- Arranged 07 Technical sessions, 02 Seminars, 03 Short courses and 01 Workshop.
- Arranged 08 Industrial trips in National and International Petroleum companies of Pakistan (PARCO, OMV, PPL, OGDCL and PEL).
- Arranged Quiz Competitions among members in 2013 & 2014.
- Arranged Paper contest among members in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- Participated in SPE Annual Technical Conference on 2013 & 2014 (Pakistan).
- Participated in SPE International Education weeks on 2013 (Qatar)& 2014 (UAE).
- Participated in SPE Sub-Regional Paper contest on 2012, Pakistan.
- Participated in SPE Regional Paper contest on 2013 (Egypt).
- Arrange sport and other extra curriculum activities i.e. Cricket, Badminton, Racing and long jump in 2013 & 2014.
Note: The technical sessions/Seminars/Workshops were conducted by experts of OMV, UEP, MPCL, PTTI, Khairpur, Uni: of Sindh, SOL-Foundation, Al-Habtoor group UAE and SHELL New-Zealand.
- CHAPTER BIG ACHEIVEMENTS:
- CHAPTER ACHEIVED GOLD STANDARD DESIGNATION FOR 2014.
- Mr. VINOD KUMAR NANGRANI (11-BATCH) PARTICIPATED IN 2014 Regional University Student Programme held in Abu Dhabi, UAE on9 - 13 November, 2014.
- 4-7 students Participated IN SPE- PAPG Annual Technical Conference in 2012, 2013 & 2014.
- Mr. MUMAMMAD FURQAN QURESHI (10-BATCH) ParticipatED IN International Petroleum Technical Conference Education week Qatar Jan-2014 AND SECURED IST POSTION IN EVENT.
- Mr. MUHAMMAD YOUNIS (10-BATCH) ParticipatED IN SPE Regional Student Paper Contest ALONG WITH NORTH AFRICA TECHNICAL CONFERENCE was held Cairo, Egypt on 16-17 April 2013
- Agreement with Petroleum Expert limited (Petroleum Expert limited has donated/sponsored the IPM Software equivalent of € 1,105,43.00 to the campus).
- 120 PETROLEUM Books sponsored by SPE Pakistan Section IN 2013 TO THE SPE LIBRARY.
- Mr. MUHAMMAD YOUNIS (10-BATCH) ParticipatED IN SPE SUB-Regional Student Paper Contest held KARCHI (NED UET), PAKISTAN DEC, 2012 AND SECURED 2ND POSITION IN CONTEST.