The Central Library of the University Campus contains more than 12000 books related to Engineering Science and Technology. There are more than 7000 (approx) text books in the Book Bank, which are loaned to students for one term on nominal rent. The collection of books is updated continuously and new books are acquired on the recommendations of experienced faculty members, which make collection most suited and beneficial to graduate students. In addition, latest reference and other books are also acquired every year to keep the users of the library abreast with the latest information on Science & Technology specially engineering and its allied subjects.
Students and faculty members are also provided with Internet facility in the Library
is under process.
The Catalog of books is computerized and accessible through library of congress gateway Z 39.50 serving one point access interface for books catalog, full-text electronic journals and other electronic resources on the web is under process.
The Students are required to fill in the prescribed form duly signed from the department to become regular member of the MUET, SZAB, Campus Library are required to provide 03 photos Passport size and one photo copy of CNIC, for the membership of the MUET, SZAB, Campus Library students have to deposit Rs: 200/- (Non-Refundable) in Account of Central Library Habib Bank Ltd, Khairpur Mir’s. Each member is entitled to borrow four books at a time for an academic session, from Book Bank Section and Lending Collection.
A member is required to pay a rental fee at the rate of 5% of the book price of any book borrowed / rented from the Book Bank Section. The payment is to be made in advance, by depositing at Habib Bank Ltd, Khairpur Mir’s. The books issued from Book Bank Section are to be returned at the end of term.
Books from Lending Section are issued for one month; in case of books not returned in stipulated time Rs: 1/- will be charged per day for each book.
Instructions for Borrowers:
- The borrower is responsible for all books entered in his Card.
- The books should not be marked or mutilated.
- The borrower’s card is not transferable.
- The Card holder should report to the Librarian in the event of the loss of his card. Fine for Duplicate card is Rs: 100/-.
- Books are issued for one academic session only.
- Reference books shall not be lent for home reading.
- Silence shall be observed in the Library.
- The lost or damaged book will changed as per Library rules.
- Library Administration reserves the right to cancel any membership upon breaking the Library rules.
The library is heavily used by the students, faculty members and is open from 8:00 am to 9:00 p.m. (During examination library is open in holidays
Allah Bachayo Memon
Tel.No : 92-243-715362-Ex.7151